Welcome to inmykey.com
‡ Festive Lesson Holidays ‡
*Music lessons will stop on Saturday December 21st and re-commence on Saturday January 4th.
‡ About the lessons I provide ‡
- Piano/Keyboard Lessons are given on a one-to-one basis. This method of teaching is by far the quickest and best way to learn.
- I offer many different lesson types to students of all ages and levels of ability on piano/keyboard, the theory of music, composing and arranging.
- Currently I have a student age-group ranging from 7 to 80 years of age.
- Theory of Music is included in your lesson to help provide a better understanding of why music works.
- Building your musical vocabulary (music speak) will help you achieve a better interaction with your fellow musicians.
- A lesson discount is available for students!!
- Pretending to know-it-all is not an option. Ask your peers questions like: What did you play there? How did you do that? What chords did you play there and why? etc……..
‡ How students book lessons ‡
- A lesson duration of either One-hour or One Half-hour.
- A weekly half-hour lesson.
- One hour lesson every 2 weeks.
- A return lesson when confident of having made progress.
- Select a style of playing for your lesson e.g. Classical, Jazz, Pop, Latin…….
‡ Vocal rehearsal session ‡
- A One-hour session is available for setting the correct keys for your songs and setting the songs as you want them.
- Recorded piano rehearsal tracks are part of the session.
- Bring a storage device (USB) to save your rehearsal tracks
‡ Testimonials ‡
- I’ve been attending one-to-one lessons with Jim Clellandfor over 10 years. I have learned so much more from Jim than I did completing my honours music degree. Jim’s grasp of musical harmony, arranging skills and knowledge of piano styles such as jazz, pop, blues gospel is second to none. In addition he is an incredibly patient supportive teacher with extensive experience teaching beginners. Furthermore, he is fully aware of the school music curriculum including SQA exam requirements.
- Performers appeared with their sheet music, and seconds later it was like the group had been playing the pieces all their lives!
With pianist Jim Clelland’s ability to make each new singer feel comfortable.
‡ Forthcoming Colin Scougall Shows ‡