About the lessons I provide
- Piano/Keyboard Lessons are given on
a one-to-one basis.This method of teaching is by far the quickest and best way to learn.
- I offer many different lesson types to students of all ages and levels of ability on piano/keyboard, the theory of music, composing and arranging.
- Currently I have a student age-group ranging from 7 to 80 years of age.
Theory of Musicis included in your lesson to help provide a better understanding of why music works.
A lesson discount is available for students!!
How students book lessons
- A lesson duration of either One-hour or one Half-hour.
- A weekly lesson
- One lesson every 2 weeks (you will learn enough to practice between lessons!)
- A return lesson when confident of having made progress from your last lesson.
- Select a style of playing for your lesson e.g.
Jazz, Pop, Latin…….
Vocal rehearsal session
- A One-hour session is available for setting the correct keys for your songs and routining the songs as you want them
- Recorded piano rehearsal tracks are part of the session
- Bring a
storage device (USB)to save your rehearsal tracks
- Performers appeared with their sheet music, and seconds later it was like the group had been playing the pieces all their lives!
Jim Clelland’sability to make each new singer feel comfortable.
- I’ve been attending one-to-one lessons with Jim for over 10 years. I have learned so much more from Jim than I did completing my honours music degree. Jim’s grasp of musical harmony, arranging skills and knowledge of piano styles such as jazz, pop, blues gospel is second to none. In addition he is an incredibly patient supportive teacher with extensive experience teaching beginners. Furthermore, he is fully aware of the school music curriculum including SQA exam requirements.
Check Lesson Prices